Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thumbs down

For my darling SE, here is her darling Angie, who looks like a darling homeless person playing dress-up.



"Oh, Brad, darling, I know I've done better recently in these award show getups. But I just don't have the strength in my frighteningly bony arms and hands to pick up a dress with any structure. I will, instead, go with this horrid thing that looks like a bad 70s dress on the top and a horrible mistake on the bottom. And I'm not going to wash OR brush my hair."

Egads.

But my personal worst: Olivia Wilde.



SOMEONE is reliving their 1970s prom memories. And not in a good way, like by going and making out with the quarterback in the back of his El Camino.

Amy Adams:



In general, I adore her. But I fear she smuggled Kevin Connolly in under that skirt. Lordy. Look at the imaginary hips on her now!

Christina Applegate:



She's had a really bad year, so the karma gods won't like this, but the drop waist on that dress was a really bad idea. I like the dress otherwise. But take that waist up about six inches.

The Cyruses:



Miley FINALLY looks like an actual teenager...and her mom looks like a groupie. And, for the record, I'm sending Billy Ray a Supercuts gift card tomorrow. Dude, you're like 45 years old. Cut the damn hair.

Elizabeth Banks:



Smoking hot woman, funny as hell, the kind of girl I'd love to sit around and be snarky with. But right here, right now? She looks like Miss Chattaleeocha County, 1982.

Glenn Close became Austin Powers ... when?


I love Jenna Fischer too, but she's wearing my grandmother's chair cover.

6 comments:

  1. Olivia looks like a prom bobblehead.

    We shall have to agree to disagree on Ms. Banks and Ms. Applegate. I thought both looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll also agree to disagree on Ms. Hudgens. I thought she looked classy and adorable. I just saw her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And like she needed three hamburgers and a trip to the tanning bed :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, on Miley or any teenager, can there be a more difficult age group to dress for an event like this? Dresses designed for people their age always manage to look like prom dresses, while even those designed for people just a few years older manage to make them look either matronly or like jailbait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth Banks could wear garbage bags and I'd be just fine with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually am in love with Jenna Fischer's dress cut, but I agree with you about the pattern. blah

    ReplyDelete